Current Employment Opportunities
Your patients are waiting for you at Dobie – where our licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants improve lives with comfort, compassion, integrity, innovation, relationships and respect. Come join us where the wages are competitive, you have excellent nurse and CNA to patient ratios, and a set schedule. Are you dissatisfied with having to adjust to excessive management turnover? At Dobie, our management staff is stable, including our Director of Nursing who started as a CNA back in 1988, and has been in her current position since 2003. Plus, there is a nurse manager on duty for EVERY shift, EVERY day of the year. Come join us where the staff operates together as a team to care our residents and patients, where you get discounts throughout the community for being a team member, where you and your family can exercise in a state of the art fitness center for just $10/month, and where we love to grow and promote our team from within.
Ready to make a difference with compassionate care?
Come join us at Dobie Road!
At Dobie, we make each meal the best meal of the day! Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas that range from hospitality service positions to cook to manager. No matter your role, you’ll help improve the lives of our residents and patients at every dining occasion. We have a friendly, fun staff that is open to change and flexible hours to compliment a variety of school schedules along with a competitive wage structure. Hours for the Dobie Dining team vary from 4:30am to 8pm and everything in between. Come join us where the dining team works together to serve residents and patients, where you get discounts throughout the community just for being a team member, where you and your family can exercise in a state of the art fitness center for just $10/month and where we love to grow and promote our team from within.
Ready to make a difference through hospitality and service?
Come join us at Dobie Road!
SUPERVISOR – DINING SERVICES
Responsible for giving direction, motivation and guidance to the Dining Services Department to accomplish established standards to meet or exceed customer satisfaction. Position represents ABM Healthcare Support Services in its highest degree.
1. Accountable for operations in the department and reports to the Director of Dining & Environmental Services.
2. Promotes a customer services mindset at all times to both internal and external customers.
3. Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
4. View everything with a process improvement mindset.
5. Responsible for leading, delegating and implementing established department procedures and programs.
6. Performs rounds in dining rooms daily to ensure staff and residents have everything they need for optimal meal service.
7. Creates, distributes and maintains all necessary reports and documentation for the department.
8. Recruits and develops personnel, ensures work assignments and schedules meet department and facility needs to maintain quality standards.
9. Coordinates, reports, and posts schedules of hourly staff.
10. Notifies appropriate personnel of call-ins and assists with securing coverage.
11. Maintains accurate attendance records and notifies management of attendance-related issues.
12. Accurately enters and maintains data relative to scheduling using company software programs.
13. Ensures department training programs are being conducted within appropriate time frames.
14. Oversees all departmental QAPI projects and/or customer service initiatives.
15. Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic and humanistic manner with residents, families, visitor, and coworkers in order to provide a safe, efficient and therapeutically caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity rights and physical safety of each resident and Facility guest.
16. Knows all procedures, union agreement and meets all regulatory requirements.
17. Maintains a sanitary and safe work environment for all internal and external customers.
18. Is available to respond to emergencies outside of normal business hours.
19. All other duties as assigned.
The primary purpose of the job description is to aid in establishing a pay grade for this job classification. Only those duties and responsibilities necessary for proper job evaluation and/or labor market analysis have been included. This list is not all inclusive of the total scope of the job duties to be performed.
Education: Bachelors of Science/Bachelors of Arts in related fields as determined by specific position, CDM or minimum 5 years of experience in dining services along with a high school diploma.
Current SERV Safe Certification required or obtained within the first year of employment.
Experience: Minimum of three years proven work experience in a leadership role within the healthcare care setting.
Other Requirements: The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in the job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
Physical Requirements: This job requires the ability to perform the essential functions contained in this description. These include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements.
• Ability to enter and retrieve information for a computer.
• Ability to access all departmental files.
• Ability to access all areas of the Facility
• Ability to access outside locations to attend meetings.
• Ability to lift and transport carts weighing > than 75 lbs.
Working Conditions: Works inside the facility except for visits to outside locations to attend meetings. Occasional exposure to airborne pathogens through investigation of matters throughout the facility.
Are you dedicated to improving lives?
Come join us at Dobie Road!