Current Employment Opportunities
Your patients are waiting for you at Dobie – where our licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants improve lives with comfort, compassion, integrity, innovation, relationships and respect. Come join us where the wages are competitive, you have excellent nurse and CNA to patient ratios, and a set schedule. Are you dissatisfied with having to adjust to excessive management turnover? At Dobie, our management staff is stable, including our Director of Nursing who started as a CNA back in 1988, and has been in her current position since 2003. Plus, there is a nurse manager on duty for EVERY shift, EVERY day of the year. Come join us where the staff operates together as a team to care our residents and patients, where you get discounts throughout the community for being a team member, where you and your family can exercise in a state of the art fitness center for just $10/month, and where we love to grow and promote our team from within.
Ready to make a difference with compassionate care?
Come join us at Dobie Road!
At Dobie, we make each meal the best meal of the day! Here, you can use your skills in our fast-paced environment in areas that range from hospitality service positions to cook to manager. No matter your role, you’ll help improve the lives of our residents and patients at every dining occasion. We have a friendly, fun staff that is open to change and flexible hours to compliment a variety of school schedules along with a competitive wage structure. Hours for the Dobie Dining team vary from 4:30am to 8pm and everything in between. Come join us where the dining team works together to serve residents and patients, where you get discounts throughout the community just for being a team member, where you and your family can exercise in a state of the art fitness center for just $10/month and where we love to grow and promote our team from within.
Ready to make a difference through hospitality and service?
Come join us at Dobie Road!
RN ASSESSMENT NURSE
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON) and the MDS Director is responsible for assessing residents/patients according to Resident Assessment Instrument. Is responsible for the development of care plans upon admission and maintenance of care plans throughout the resident’s/patient’s stay.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates and completes the RAI in compliance with state and federal regulations and Facility policies and procedures.
2. Performs administrative responsibilities associated with resident/patient care as related to
- Medicare Perspective Payment Schedule
- MDS and CAA Procedure
- Care Planning and Implementation of the Plan
- Evaluation of the Care Planning Process
3. Determines need for and conducts significant change of condition assessment.
4. Responsible for the nursing resident/patient care plan which includes writing the care plan, communicating with staff on the unit regarding the plan, coordinating and communicating with other disciplines, and updating the plan and data sheet as needed daily.
5. Participates in admission, condition change, quarterly care plan meetings, and discharge planning involving the IDT, resident/patient and/or family.
6. Implements necessary documentation pertaining to assessments and care plans.
- Pain assessments
- Bowel and bladder assessment
- Quarterly summaries
- Side Rail Assessment
- Braden Scale
7. Coordinates the assessment activities of the Interdisciplinary Team.
8. Schedules and conducts Interdisciplinary Team Meetings to assure completion of care plans as indicated by the Resident Assessment Protocols. Monitors care plans to ensure they are being followed. Reports non-compliance to the MDS Director who reports to the Director of Nursing.
9. Maintains 802 for their residents.
10. Ensures completion of Medicare Certification by physicians as directed by the MDS Director.
11. Performs admissions as directed by the Unit Manager and ensures care plans are initiated and all paperwork is in order including orders for both medications and treatments.
12. Completes discharge paperwork and calls in medications to Pharmacy of choice.
13. Attends and provides input in meetings held by clinical and interdisciplinary team.
14. May perform any duties of a RN Staff Nurse.
15. In event of absence of the Unit Manager, will assist in follow-ups concerning resident/patient care.
16. All other duties as assigned.
The primary purpose of the job description is to aid in establishing a pay grade for this job classification. Only those duties and responsibilities necessary for proper job evaluation and/or labor market analysis have been included. This list is not inclusive of the total scope of the job duties to be performed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Current licensure as a R.N. in the State of Michigan.
• Three years’ experience as a R.N. with at least one of those years in long term care.
• Knowledge of computers and software.
• Experience with developing care plans.
• Assessment skills including physical, functional and social.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are intended to represent the minimum levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in the job description. It is assumed the incumbent must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform all the duties and responsibilities listed in the job description. The knowledge, skills and abilities should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection criteria.
Works in office, resident/patient rooms and other locations throughout the Facility.
Unpredictable mealtimes; breaks are scheduled around resident/patient care needs.
Non-Bargaining Unit Compensation Plan
Are you dedicated to improving lives?
Come join us at Dobie Road!